[arch-general] KDE stoped working

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri May 29 00:22:31 EDT 2009

On or about Wednesday 27 May 2009 at approximately 15:08:51 Nicolas Bigaouette
composed:
> Did that too, without success...
>
> 2009/5/27 Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>
>
> > On 27/05/2009, Nicolas Bigaouette <nbigaouette at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So the problem is not that it is failing to load i810 or vesa, the
> > > server just tries to load them but they are not used.
> >
> > Yes, I am stupid -.-' you said KDM works, so X works.
> >
> > try to move ~/.kde4 dir to somewhere and start kde
> >
> > --
> > Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
> > Arch Linux Developer

	Threads like this do not build my confidence for making the jump from kde3 to
kde4. Imagine, one crash or weird boot up and you get 5 hours of dorking
with "why won't my kde4 start."

	Nicolas, I've save a few threads on this from the other list, I'll pick
through them and if I get anything other than the normal move .kde4 and force
a rebuild of the config, I'll post it here. Good luck, and remember -- File
the bug report....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC