[arch-general] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14873

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri May 29 19:53:04 EDT 2009

Baho Utot wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 09:25 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>
>> Baho Utot wrote:
>>
>>> This bug was closed with "It is not a bug " and BTW you solution is
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> Flac fails with "command not found line 20" when built under clean
>>> chroot
>>>

>>> This is line 20:
>>>
>>> patch -p1 < ../flac-1.2.1-gcc-4.3-includes.patch || return 1
>>>
>>> Please fix
>>>

> Do you have patch in your chroot?
>
> Yes the chroot was installed with base base-devel sudo as per wiki
> And the chroot fuction/built the entire abs/core so it should be
> working.
>
> I am building extra alphbeticaly and it stops on flac after fixing flac
>
> patch -p1 -i ${startdir}/flac-1.2.1-gcc-4.3-includes.patch || return 1
>
> it works.
>
> That is why I entered a bug report.
>

>>> As a side note which is correct ${startdir}/patch.file or
>>> ${srcdir}/patch.file
>>>
>>> I have be disciplined for both
>>>

>> As a general rule, you never should use $startdir in a PKGBUILD.
>>

> I have seen $startdir in a lot of PKGBUILDs in core and extra, what is
> wrong using it?

$startdir is no longer guaranteed to have any relationship to $srcdir.
$srcdir is where the source files from the "source" array get copied so
you should use that.  The packages in the main repos are graually
getting change to reflect that.

BTW, what is up with your emails coming in to the mailing list several
hours earlier than what you replied to.  It is getting annoying...

Allan