[arch-general] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14873

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat May 30 05:25:20 EDT 2009

Magnus Therning schrieb:
> Allan McRae wrote:
> [..]
>
>> As a general rule, you never should use $startdir in a PKGBUILD.
>
> Is that written down somewhere?  It'd be nice to have a place to refer
> to when arguing some changes to PKGBUILDs.
>
> /M

You can regularly refer to the prototypes in /usr/share/pacman. Those
have $srcdir and $pkgdir now (which are also necessary for the split
package building in pacman 3.3). Other than that, I only noticed because
the other devs started using them instead of $startdir.

There is one reason to refer to $startdir, maybe we should think about
that: The .install file is never included in source=(), but we sometimes
sed stuff inside it, refering to $startdir.