[arch-general] preferred laptops.

Bobby valnour at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:52:14 EST 2009

I run Arch on a Thinkpad T41, 1.6GHz Pentium M, and 1Gb of Ram. It has
a worthless battery, so I have it on the AC adapter all the time.
However, the batteries are cheap, and even though it's an older
machine, I really love the look and feel of it, as well as the
keyboard and Trackpoint (?) Mouse.

I use Xmonad so that I don't have to fiddle with the mouse very often
at all. The resolution is 1440x900 or something like that, and I run
it dual-head most of the time, with a 21" inch 1080p monitor. I payed
$300 for it about 1 and half years ago on eBay, and I am very
satisfied. I will certainly replace it with another ThinkPad.

--
Sent from my mobile device