[arch-general] preferred laptops.

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Wed Nov 4 14:17:50 EST 2009

Notebooks so far:

Twinhead R15D: centrino, 1.86GHz, Intel 915, 1Gig Ram - everything
worked nicely out of the box

Thinkpad T400: Intel X4100, 3G Ram: Actually it's a dual graphic but I
never really tried to get the ATI running. It's set to use the
integrated in the BIOS and that works smoothely. BT, WiFi(Intel5300),
Suspend, Hibernate, Resume all work out of the box.

Netbook HP 2140: All works great and out of the box. While the
commercial Broadcom drivers are annoying, they actually work. Oh and I
can't get the lid to trigger events, so suspend and resumer are just
wired to the keys and buttons, which really is a minor issue.

That being said, I always buy hardware specifically to work under Linux
which means avoiding to depend on commercial drivers where ever I can.

	-T