[arch-general] kde4 only install - how do I get quanta?? how do I cnf the kde3 runtime environment?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Nov 6 03:40:52 EST 2009

On Thursday 05 November 2009 08:19:19 Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> On 05.11.2009 08:51, David C. Rankin wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > This is the first time I have done a install that doesn't include kde3
> > and I'm running into a few problems:
> >
> > (1) I can't find quanta -- where is it hiding?
> >
> > (2) how does one configure the default font size, etc.. for the
> > kde3-runtime-base without the kde3 control center? kcmshell for the kde3
> > runtime base list no modules??
>
> You can find it on AUR: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18707.
> Also, since you are configuring QT and not actually KDE itself, it
> should make no difference whether you are editing fonts for KDE3 oder
> KDE4. Is that not the case?
>
> -- Sven-Hendrik

For Qt apps I agree, but for all other kde3 based appes (basket notepads, etc)
qtconfig doesn't have anything to do with it. All of the default fonts and
settings relied on the kde3 control panel and -- that's gone. Now you get
whatever the kde3 runtime base defaults are which makes my fonts look huge in
those apps (menus, etc..) because I use 8 point fonts and most of the defaults
are configured with 10 (9 at the minimum)

I still have all the kdemod3 files, can I just do a pacman -U and install
kde3?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC