[arch-general] No sound after hal update

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Nov 10 13:00:43 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 12:11:04PM -0500, Christopher Daley wrote:

> I think the default way of starting pulse has become dependent on consolekit
> & policykit ever since the pulse user was removed.

If you (like me) don't like all this kiddy stuff, both are
easy to disable. For Consolekit, just remove or rename the
daemon binary (/usr/sbin/console-kit-daemon), you will then
have 63 useless threads less. For Policykit, edit the config
file /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf, and remove everything
between <config ...> and </config>.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.