[arch-general] kde4 tip - quicklaunch in your panel -- convenience at your fingertips!

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Wed Nov 11 13:50:02 EST 2009

At Mittwoch, 11. November 2009 15:04 Robert Howard wrote:

> Have you guys ever heard of krunner? It really makes doing things and
> launching apparently easy. You don't really need icons to launch programs.

Krunner is very nice but for me it is more a replacement for katapult which i
used under kd3 than something extra.

> Also, I don't understand all of the dolphin detractors. I think dolphin is
> near file manager perfection. Always felt that konquorer was like a big
> incoherent blob. Dolphin will be feature complete soon and it will have paid
> off to start over.

If i will get even 1 Dollar for every "but with the next release all will be
complete" in combination with KDE4 than this will be very nice for me.-)

One question about dolphin: Why is F4 hardcoded to the Terminal Emulator instead
of as before (or still now) with konqueror? Without konqueror and without kde3
perhaps dolphin could be good file manager but in comparison to it for me
never.-)

Just for the stats (and to say some positive thing too): Now at the moment the
Perfomance of KDE4 is realy good.

See you, Attila