[arch-general] stability of pbzip2 ?

Ian-Xue Li da.mi.spirit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 02:43:31 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm quote fond of pbzip2's ability to multitask the compression, which comes really handy when backuping large archives of server files.

But just heard from my friend: pbzip2 has stability issues, sometimes leads to corruption of archive, and hence unable to recover them. I wonder if this is true (in the sense that anyone once had a problem with pbzip2), because myself had never run into one of them.

If so, it really a shame to abandon such a good tool though...

--
Ian-Xue Li <da.mi.spirit at gmail.com>