[arch-general] ftp.archlinux.org rate limiting

Phillip Smith arch-general at fukawi2.nl
Sun Nov 22 19:09:50 EST 2009

> *anon_max_rate*
>    The maximum data transfer rate permitted, in bytes per second, for
>    anonymous clients.
>

> Good luck!

Ah, I didn't think about doing it in the daemon... That would
definitely be easiest, I think I'll do it this way! :)

> You don't need tc to do traffic shaping, you can use iptables as well for
> this. It is more primitive though, but for simple tasks it's easier than
> using tc.

Now I'm curious... Everything I've seen points to using tc to be able
to rate-limit in kbps... The only rate-limiting I know you can do in
iptables by itself is packets-per-timeframe (second, minute etc)
limiting?