[arch-general] Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus, committing suicide! -- WTF?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:09:45 EST 2009

Guys,

I'm trying to figure out what akonadi is doing on my new install, (moreover
how to pronouce it's name), and what I am faced with is some strange errors.
Specifically, the "Akonadi Server Self-Test Report" that appears when Akonadi
crashes is located at:

(9k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/akonodi-error-on-start.txt

I found the following recently closed bug, and either it is something else
that is happening, or there may be a regression:

	http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16341?string=ed

I also found the following, but I'm still having problems:

Admittedly, I know very little about akonadi, and whether I have packages
missing, a config error, or if akonadi is having problems. So, if anybody can
help or offer a link or two to some useful information, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC