[arch-general] Frustrating Dependencies

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Nov 23 06:49:55 EST 2009

Am Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:30:50 +0800
schrieb Gergely Imreh <imrehg at gmail.com>:

> Anyway, this is just an observation, Arch seems to do quite well in
> general (thanks Maintainers:). I'll look around the repos again and
> might come up for some more repackaging ideas for the next bug
> squashing day or something...

I have another suggestion.

Currently smbclient is installed as a dependecy for gnome-vfs,
kdebase-runtime, mplayer and vlc likely among others.

I'm running a Linux only system, so I don't need samba. Wouldn't it be
possible to move smbclient from depends to optdepends in the affected
packages?

Heiko