[arch-general] Frustrating Dependencies

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 07:31:37 EST 2009

On 11/23/2009 02:24 PM, Heiko Baums wrote:
> Am Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:54:49 +0100
> schrieb Tobias Powalowski<t.powa at gmx.de>:
>
>> Some depends are made for convenience, you can build the packages
>> with ABS without those depends, if they don't stop the program from
>> starting remove them and add then to ignore array in pacman.conf.
>
> But if I wanted to compile everything manually I would have stayed with
> Gentoo. ;-)
>
> Heiko

like i said previous better to have that feature. Removing that feature
just because _you_ don't use and _you_ want to have minimal packages is
not the way.

The only way is to get the build for those packages with ABS, remove
smbclient from your system and recompile those packages. Is simple and
is automatically thought makepkg.

--
Ionut