[arch-general] New install configuring php - only get text - feeling stupid -- help!

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:56:53 EST 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 16:12:49 and regarding:
> > What's the trick?
> >
> > (yes, I've stopped and restarted httpd...)
>
> The only thing I can think of is that you've placed the Include line
> before the other LoadModule directives. If you look at
> /etc/httpd/conf/extra/php5_module.conf, it checks if mod_dir (and
> mod_php) is loaded before applying its directives.

Hmm... I've got it working now and I don't really know what I did to get it
working :-(

I didn't add or changee any of the includess, but I did clean up an unrealated
path or two in httpd.conf. I had one path definedd to a "download" directory
that had been movedd to a "dl" directory but I don't see how that could have
been the problem. I had added additiional modulles as well, but then I backed
all of the module changes out and php conntinued to work??

I still have a few places in my pages to change a download to dl, but that is
the only thing I can see that could have caused the problem. I'll keep my
ouigi board handy in case it happens again!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC