[arch-general] kde4 themes and trick your kids (and maybe you) will enjoy

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:04:31 EDT 2009

Guys,

Just a note. Most of you are probably a bit younger than I am, but for those
with kids who have reached computing age (3+), there are a few kde4 themes and
tricks they may really enjoy.

The kde4 themes are:

	Ghost
	Carbon
	Neon Glow by FRUiT

A thin theme for the adults is "seamless" (just grab the clock from
'Stripeshine' and it really looks cool - see links below)

The Desktop Effects that my kids enjoy are:

	Explosion (or Fall Apart)
	Magic Lamp

explosion and fall apart make the windows shatter into pieces when they are
closed and magic lamp makes the windows look like they are being sucked into a
magic lamp when they are minimized.

A few links that I found helpful for tweaking themes:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/Theme
	http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Theme

That's my informational post for the day :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC