[arch-general] let's discuss /srv again

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 2 05:31:15 EDT 2009

Sergej Pupykin schrieb:
> I do not want to split packages into /etc, /usr/share and /var folders
> with kludge symlinking.
>
> Would it be good if I replace /srv/http with /var/www/<package> or
> something like this?

I would say, use /usr/share/www/ (or similar) for static/php files, and
provide proper configuration files that set the correct Alias and
Directory directives for popular servers like apache and lighttpd. Users
can then use Include directives (in case of apache) to load those
confighuration files and enable the web app.