[arch-general] pulseaudio troubles

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 13:02:32 EDT 2009

2009/10/4 Juan Diego <juantascon at gmail.com>:
> Good day everyone

Hi!

> Im having some troubles compiling the lastest version of pulseaudio
> from the sources
>
> Im getting the same error when I use the PKGBUILD from the version
> 0.9.15 (from the community repo)

I just built 0.9.19 without modifying the PKGBUILD, in a clean chroot
on x86_64, with the default makepkg.conf, including the latest
LDFLAGS. I've been having some problems with pulse and the newest
kernel (no audio on Intel HDA, while alsa works fine), so I'm holding
back the upgrade until I can properly test it.

> any ideas of how to fix this?

Try the chroot method, it's the best way to get rid of other
software's interferences. For info see:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Building_in_a_Clean_Chroot

> by the way, according to this:
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/WhatIsWrongWithSystemMode is not a good
> idea to have an init script for pulseaudio

Thanks for pointing it out. My general opinion is I'd keep providing
the script because the system-wide daemon is supported upstream. They
don't encourage its usage, but neither do I. I'd want some more
feedback from the community on this point, however. Attaching the
script to the wiki and removing it from the package could be another
good solution.

bardo