[arch-general] checking runlevels in rc.shutdown

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:53:46 EDT 2009

Is there a specific reason why rc.shutdown only shutsdown daemons if
the previous runlevel was 3 or 5?

It's the line that is:
if [ "$PREVLEVEL" = "3" -o "$PREVLEVEL" = "5" ]; then

I use both runlevel 4 and 5 (to use different login managers) and when
shuting from 4 it will sometimes not shutdown clean.

Can we actually do without this check for runlevels? It is
additionally not compatible with Upstart, I understand Upstart is not
supported in Arch in any way, but still more flexible rc.xxx scripts
in Arch would be a good thing afterall.

--
damjan