[arch-general] VPS hosting with Arch

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:58:20 EDT 2009

2009/10/6 Sebastian Köhler <sebkoehler at whoami.org.uk>:

> Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>  > And yesterday I started getting errors about inability to allocate PTY
>> when trying to login via ssh, so I cannot login anymore.
>> Though I'm not sure it the problem is on their side,
>> or it's somehow caused by Arch update (udev, maybe?).

Got a reply from support very quickly:
"Unfortunately some update you installed on Arch has broken this.
I've recreated the devices for you and the script will now work from our
control panel as well."

> My vps runs on xen and this udev update
> http://www.archlinux.org/news/457/ killed my arch vps too.
>
> But my provider temporally replaced the Arch Kernel with a newer Debian
> Kernel so i could compile a new Kernel with Xen support.

LOL! How could I forget about this one? :-)

$ uname -a
Linux x.vps8ecf0be2.com 2.6.18-128.2.1.el5.028stab064.7 #1 SMP Wed Aug
26 15:47:17 MSD 2009 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)