[arch-general] outdated packages

Juan Diego juantascon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 01:12:55 EDT 2009

Good day everyone

I have a suggestion.

if you take a look at the packages in aur, most of them are always up
to date, the reason that I can find is the "flag out-of-date" feature,
this is very interesting because in aur you also have the possibility
to propose a new PKGBUILD ( in the comments) that would set the
package as up to date and usually the maintainer just have to check
that everything is ok with the PKGBUILD and do copy-paste.

is it possible to have something similar for core, extra and community repos?

I know you can submit a bug, but at least in my case I got lazy to do
that because is not a simple process, but in aur I do it frequently
because you just have to press a simple button.

Have a nice day