[arch-general] [SOLVED] php not working - Was: Web_application_package_guidelines wiki page

Jozsef jozefk at gmx.com
Fri Oct 9 03:00:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009, David C. Rankin wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:54:22 pm jozefk at gmx.com wrote:
> > Usually I don't have too much time for pulling my hear or for
> > anything else that's why I like when things just works. Even if I
> > need to fix things it's OK but sometimes I can't fix them just like
> > that for few minutes. I read the news, I went to #archlinux, I sent a
> > message here in the list but still nothing.
> > Then I search the forum and tried different things until once it
> > start working again. Few days I didn't touch anything at all. Really
> > didn't have time.
> > I still can't try any other OS here because I spent too much time
> > setting this Arch up and configuring. It's my baby :)) It looks and
> > works beautiful. Except after Syu; but not always. Most of the time
> > things just work... Can't just say goodbye to Arch so easily. But if
> > once it will happen that I really can't fix something, that will be
> > the moment... I guess.
> > Anyway, I'll try to buy another PC and install something else...
> >

> Remember it well. I was just like that with the first Mandrake server I set up
> for my office a decade ago. Then you learn that Linux is fairly indestructible
> and that no matter what config changes happen along the way, a bit of reading
> of the latest release notes and a bit of tweaking and anything can be brought
> back to life.
>
> As for looking at another OS, it's great to experiment, but I'd be willing to
> wager that you find your way back to Arch. By far the most current, responsive
> and cleanest I've found. (I've tried a lot) Updates are going to causes
> changes in configs, etc. occasionally, that's just progress. One thing that
> really helps if you are using your linux box in a critical role is to setup
> another 'testing' box to test updates on and confirm all is well before
> updating the box you rely on. That will virtually eliminate any downtime. With
> P4 3.0GHz boxes being excessed for as little as $60 it's cheap insurance.

Yeah, learned the same. I takes some time in the beginning to get familiar with things in Linux, like how everything works and all other things. And by that time I actually destroyed my system
many times :) Especailly when I start trying out bash commands as root haha That was really long time ago. Those were the beginnings...

Yes I tried many Linux distributions and only with Arch I'm satisfied. Actually I didn't try all distros of course, because they are many. But I read about them. One by one. Talk to other people using
them. Asked them different questions and many distros I tried but when I found out about Arch I felt I'm at home :) In the same time I found out about PC-BSD but somehow it happened I installed Arch
first, to try it. Right now I'm typing you this message from the same Arch installation :) So I never tried anything else since that time. I'm still curious about BSD because never try it before. I
used OS X on G5 for 2 years in the office but OS X is different than BSD right?

Must to buy another PC or laptop for testing. P4 3.0GHz? My current PC is like 3 years old and it's P4 3.2GHz HT :) Still using integrated graphic on motherboard and I'm happy :))

--
Best,
Jozsef Kurucity  |  Web & Graphic Designer
+971 50 6783113  |  jozefk at gmx.com