[arch-general] confirm LTS kernel / usb printer permission issues

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Sat Oct 10 17:49:49 EDT 2009

I have a permission issue when using the kernel26-lts with my usb
printer. The device doesn't always get "lp" group. Especially when I
switch it off and on again. Then new cups 1.4.x can't find the printer.
With kernel 2.6.30 and 2.6.31 the group is always set well.

I already asked a few udev upstream devs without a solution so far.

See http://www.spinics.net/lists/hotplug/msg02798.html

It would be nice if some of you could try confirming my problem and
maybe you can help me to find the reason why it fails on my server.

Thanks.

-Andy