[arch-general] Overly large fonts in X11 after rebooting

Samuel Baldwin recursive.forest at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 18:05:01 EDT 2009

For some reason when I turned my laptop on today and started X, all my
fonts were larger than normal. The only one that seems to have the
stayed has been my console font, but even that feels a bit "off"
(however, I'm not too worried about that, it could be that I'm sitting
slightly closer than normal; the rest are most certainly measurably
larger, though). The only difference between now and previously is
that I don't have my external monitor plugged in, but my resolution
didn't change, and I've used this computer without the external before
without problems.

It's just simply bigger; I turned down the GTK font, which seems to
have worked for some apps (like firefox and pidgin), but the fonts are
unbearably large for some websites:
http://logik.li/images/screenshots/arrakis/large_fonts_in_some_places.png

A few months ago I had a similar problem with certain sites having
large fonts, and never really managed to solve it, one day after
reinstalling it just went away and never came back until now. This was
probably related.

This is what similar sites used to look like:
http://logik.li/images/screenshots/arrakis/let_me_show_you.png (and
when they used to be bad:
http://logik.li/images/screenshots/arrakis/126-negative_what_log-p.png
)

So, anyone have any ideas about what I should do?
--
Samuel Baldwin - logik.li