[arch-general] PKGBUILD

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Mon Oct 12 16:35:36 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>>> Not valid. Â Use "makepkg -L" to log the entire build process. Â In the
>>> future, there will be a check() function, so you will then get separate logs
>>> for build(), check() and package().
>>>
>> It would do what I require to log the entire build...
>>
>> This is not the future, I am still stuck in "current time"
>>
>> make check is valid.
>> I don't want to pollute the check log file with the build information.
>> All I want to pick through is the testing info.
>> On the example the build and check logs are small, care to look at the check
>> log for glibc?
>> Hint it is over 7800 lines just for the check, good luck looking at that
>> plus the entire build in one file.
>>

> Why is this so snarky? makepkg -L was created for exactly this reason.
> If the log is large, most editors have a "search" function.
>
> Creating a log in $startdir is just duplicating effort, if you ask me.
> makepkg can already do this.

I am very well informed about makepkg ability to generate a log file of
the build.

I want only the make check 2>&1 | tee "${startdir}/check-log" file, I
don't need or want a log from the build.
I need the file to be written to the dir with the PKGBUILD.
I process the check-log to summarize the pass/fail/errors.
Then when I awake in the morning I can see which of the packages built
correctly and which ones need more help.