[arch-general] Suspend to RAM -- reboots instead of resuming

Lukas Kropatschek lukas.krop at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:47:58 EDT 2009

---------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: Same problem
Date: Monday 12 October 2009
From: Lukas Kropatschek <lukas.krop at gmail.com>
To: sw8511 at gmail.com

Hello Steve!

I think have the same problem on my Acer Travelmate 8371.

I noticed that the harddisk doesnt wake up from resume and therefor the
system reboots. I managed to get it working for exactly two times and I
noticed that the HDD-led was blinking. I changed the SATA mode in the BIOS
to IDE-mode (instead of AHCI). But then I rebooted and tried it again and it
wasnt working anymore. Since then I tried many things but nothing helped
(kernel-paramters in grub, diffrent configurations of for mkinitcpio, diffrent
s2ram paramters, unloading modules before suspend,...)

The two times it worked was with "s2ram -f -a 3".

Maybe you check if your harddrive gets powered on after resume, you
should here that. Since you changed your disk I think this is exactly the
same problem.

I read that there is a module for powering on the disk called pata_acpi,
maybe there is a bug in the code that concerns certain disks.

Regards!
Lukas