[arch-general] X fails to start with intel card after latestkernel update

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:38:25 EDT 2009

On Thursday 15 October 2009 06:06:15 pm David C. Rankin wrote:
> On Thursday 15 October 2009 05:54:11 pm David C. Rankin wrote:
> > Any other ideas welcomed :p
>
> Maybe a brake-through I managed to get a strace of startx. While the strace
> was running, I had a sustained X session with a small xterm in the top-left
> corner of the display. I couldn't do anything with it and X crashed at the
>  end of the strace session, but hopefully the information I captured will
>  let a archlinux X guru solve the riddle. The strace output is here:
>
> http://www.3111skyline.com/download/Archlinux/bugs/supersff/strace-startx.t
> xt
>
> (~30k)

Guys,

	I went ahead and opened a ticket under packages/testing. (I hope that is the
right place) As always, I ready and willing to do what ever testing or provide
any additional information anybody may want to see. Just let me know. The
ticket is:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16682

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.