[arch-general] X dead with intel video - what provides module "fbcon"

Dario carotinobg at yahoo.it
Sat Oct 17 06:32:49 EDT 2009

In data sabato 17 ottobre 2009 06:27:55, David C. Rankin ha scritto:
> pascal, if that is so, why is it listed as the FATAL error?

Well, I usually had a FATAL kind of error in DMESG, due to a missing module
that I insisted on having loaded in rc.conf, but the "fatality" was related to
the attempt to load it, and didn't not harm the rest of the boot sequence. I
agree that indeed it's the wrong name.

Other thing: have you tried with another recent distro?

ciao!