[arch-general] Can't Install GRUB on a GPT Formatted Disk

Aaron Schaefer aaron at elasticdog.com
Sun Oct 18 15:19:05 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10639

Thanks! I've applied that updated patch, and GRUB seems to install
okay, but when I boot I don't get the standard GRUB menu, I just get
dropped into the GRUB console...my menu.lst looks like this:

# (0) Arch Linux
title  Arch Linux
root   (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/mapper/system_vg-root_lv ro
initrd /kernel26.img

I'm a little confused on the root declarations...I'm assuming the root
(hd0,0) should be pointing to the actual /boot partition, and then the
root kernel parameter points to the actual / partition (in this case
an LVM partition), correct?

--
Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer