[arch-general] kwrite: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 ??

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Sun Oct 18 23:15:25 EDT 2009

On 10/18/2009 06:30 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> ......That's when the lightbulb winked on and when the feeling of SHAME begin
> to settle in on my consciousness. Further investigation revealed that on 10/8
> when I had updated my box and the new pacman package was installed, I used the
> pacman.conf from an earlier update of my x86_64 Arch server as a "go-by". It
> would seem that there was one occasion with the community repository that an
> 'x86_64' did not get replaced by and 'i686', thus 'the loose nut behind the
> keyboard' had installed some:

Good Linux debugging clue:  when you're having a bunch of major problems
that no one else is, it usually means you did something stupid that no
one else did!  :-)

Seriously, though, I was reading all your messages going by, and kept
thinking:  there must be something weird he did to his box that's
causing him all these problems, because Arch rarely gives me this much
grief - especially with recent upgrades, as they've all gone very smoothly.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, and glad to hear you solved the problem!

DR