[arch-general] Drupal Packages

David Campbell dcampbell24 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 20:59:39 EDT 2009

Greetings all, I am wondering if anyone would be interested in working
with me to create a repository containing the most commonly used
Drupal modules, themes, and installation profiles. I feel like a major
lacking of Drupal is that it does not have a good way for managing its
packages. Drush is a start, but being able to set up and maintain
sites with something like pacman would be so much more powerful and
useful. I also know there are some major hosting companies such as
slicehost which support Arch servers/VPS which might be pleased to
have good package manangement for a major CMS. The packages might also
help to enforce good file structure practices etc.. Let me know what
you think or if you know anyone who might be interested in working on
the project (also, if I should be posting this somewhere else).

-David Campbell