[arch-general] Updated boinc package is not in the repositories

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Thu Oct 22 10:41:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was playing around with the boinc package, but I've just realized that
the version in the repository [1] (or even abs) is based on boinc
6.10.13, whereas the version I installed through pacman is boinc 6.6.40,
which is the latest stable release of boinc.

As the PKGBUILD provided in the repos (and the abs) doesn't work with
6.6.40 I'm now wondering how to get to the one used for the latest
release provided with pacman?

I thought that pacman just uses binaries, which were compiled from
PKGBUILDs in the repositories?

Where do I have to look in order to get the PKGBUILD, which was used for
the latest boinc 6.6.40 release?

--
[1]
http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/community/boinc/repos/community-x86_64/