[arch-general] kde4 tip - quicklaunch in your panel -- convenience at your fingertips!

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Oct 22 17:06:31 EDT 2009

On 10/22/2009 04:56 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Archers,
>
> For those that haven't used the quicklaunch widget, you need to take a look.

I like the concept very much, but I think it's a poor implementation.
Have a little bar like that a) takes too much space, b) looks very
cluttered, and c) it's hard to click on those little icons.

I much prefer adding a folder view onto the taskbar (with the folder
consisting of nothing but links to .desktop files) as the icons all hide
away nicely when you're not using them:

http://www.darose.net/KDE4FolderView.png

Course, this used to work much better under KDE3:

http://www.darose.net/KDE3QuickBrowser.png

I've got a bug filed to try to make KDE4 work the same way.

DR