[arch-general] compiz-decorator-gtk doesn't work anymore

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Fri Oct 23 10:48:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've just updated my compiz, including compiz-decorator-gtk as I don't
use emerald. However after installing the new packages my windows are
messed up, as the title bar is missing, although it has been working
beforehand.

When I try to look up my windows decorator by clicking on the compiz
icon, I can't see the "Select window decorator" menu, as it is grey.

I've installed emerald in order to check, whether it works with it, and
indeed it does.

However I don't want to use emerald, so I guess that there is something
wrong with the compiz-decorator-gtk package, as it doesn't get
recognized by compiz (icon) and therefore isn't applied to any
window :(.

What can I do about this? What do you propose? Do I have to wait until
the package(s) get re-compiled?

--
Best regards,
Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de>