[arch-general] Xorg strange keyboard behaviour

Philipp Gesang c8f304e0084803907126b5c37fa20a at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 02:53:06 EDT 2009

Good morning,

since a few days I'm experiencing an unwanted behaviour in X: after some time,
apparently when cycling keyboard layouts, the key just don't work as expected
anymore.  For example pressing RALT will give return, the left arrow will be
remapped to change group etc.  Terminating and restarting X will remove the
problem; everything works fine on terminals.

The error is not reproducible but seems to be related to/caused by layout
switching.  And I'm switching very often.  I'm using Openbox 3.4.7.2, Kxkb,
Xorg 1.6.3.901-1.  On my second box where I use wmii with keybound scripts for
layout switching the error didn't show up yet.  I'm appending xorg.conf, xkb
configuration, and selected output of xev _after_ the error occured.  Feel
free to request any logs.

Thanks for Your help!

Philipp

setxkbmap -print 	http://pastie.org/private/uxqg99n6uhap9dknis1gig