[arch-general] We have lost the desktop war. The reason? Windows 7.

Raven_Oscar UnKnown raven.oscar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:09:14 EDT 2009

I have to admit that I am partly agree with you. MS screwed up with Vista
and all its competitors had a chance to gain part of its market. I speak
about both Linux and MacOS. But none of them used it. So basically situation
is the same as it was before Vista. In fact we are not loosing ground
because we never had it. Slightly over 1% of desktop market makes me think
that Linux is still OS for the geeks.
I also have to admit that there are no tech innovations in windows 7 which
could encourage me to go back to MS technology. At the same time I really
see a lot of them in linux.