[arch-general] S3-level ACPI suspend

b4283 da.mi.spirit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:58:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've had some nice experiences with Windows(XP)'s suspend functionality,
and it seems to work on all machines I've worked with.

and the other day I just had a successful resume on my machine with
"s2ram -f -m -p", but it takes like a minute for it to fully recover to
a terminal (tty/1).

(ps: my computer is a desktop with AMD RS780 chipset, which isn't
supported by KMS yet)

Unlike Windows ones, which only take like 3-5 seconds to wake up, linux
takes much longer, I don't know if this is common...

My question is: What's the average resume time of yours, and is it
possible to be any faster ?