[arch-general] kde4 tip - quicklaunch in your panel -- convenience at your fingertips!

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Oct 26 14:34:43 EDT 2009

On 10/26/2009 12:53 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Honestly, I think it is KDE's programming framework that has caused most of
> the problems.

I disagree.  The problems (at least from my perspective) stems from the
KDE devs' decision to "start fresh" with all their apps in order to
"simplify" them and/or apply their new philosophy/approach of desktop
GUI design to them.

That decision resulted in them dumping loads of features from out of
their apps - features that many KDE3 users liked and relied on.  The
result has been a less-useful and less-productive GUI.

So really more of a problem with fundamental design decisions, IMO, than
with their programming framework.

DR