[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Load_Cycle_Count and storage-fixup

Michael Towers larch42 at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:34:36 EDT 2009

Given the difficulty of finding the optimal solution to this problem,
I think I agree with the earlier suggestion to just monitor the
situation and report to the user if there is a problem - and provide a
useful account of how to handle it. I imagine it would not be too
difficult to write cron scripts to monitor the count. Perhaps one
could measure load cycles over the last hour, the last day and the
last month, for example. There could be some sort of notification if
some threshold or other was overstepped. At this point it is of course
less straightforward - what sort of notification should that be? A
'normal' desktop notification would perhaps work for most users?

Normally I wouldn't suggest something like this here for fear of
getting my knuckles rapped - at present I really don't have time to do
it myself - but maybe someone is just itching to get going on a little
project like this.