[arch-general] how to boot Windows and Arch...

Preston C. gprestonc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 03:00:39 EDT 2009

Hi, I have two hard disks installed in my computer. One for Windows
and the other for Arch Linux. I have tried to install Arch several
times but get a message write after I click "Arch Linux" from the boot
menu- it has something to do with "Error 17".

I have come to see that my Grub configuration file is not configured
properly. The problem is I do not know how to configure it properly-
so that I can use Windows and Arch.

The way I would like to go about choosing which OS I would like to use
is by selecting it from the Grub boot menu. Although, if I have to
choose a disk to boot from in the BIOS, than that is not a problem
either.

I have read on the Arch Wiki and the Grub Wiki, yet, do not know
exactly how to properly configure the Grub configuration file to
handle both OS's.

Thanks for any help.

Preston