[arch-general] patch integrity check to compare tree to dbs - was: Integrity Check i686 of core, extra 28-08-2009

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 2 02:47:28 EDT 2009

Xavier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Henning
> Garus<henning.garus at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here it is. seems a bit shorter this way. I also changed the handling of the
>> any arch. Checking any alone does not seem very useful, so I allowed multiple
>> abs roots to be specified.
>>

> If I understood abs correctly, there are only 2 trees : i686 and x86_64
> e.g. in abs.conf we have :
> #
> # The architecture to fetch abs for
> # Either i686 or x86_64
> #
> ARCH="i686"
>
> and my i686 tree seem to contain all 'any' packages.

Correct.  Ignoring all the variables here...  but this is the line from
ABS.  Note it syncs both the $ARCH directory (i686/x86_64) and the "any"
one.
    msg "Starting ABS sync..."
    $SYNCCMD $SYNCARGS $INCLUDE $EXCLUDE
${SYNCSERVER}::abs/{${ARCH},any}/ $ABSROOT

So as long as you are checking out the ABS tree using abs, the "any"
packages will be alongside the non-any packages.

Allan