[arch-general] Audio cd ripper

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Fri Sep 4 07:03:40 EDT 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:52:00 +0200 (CEST)
"oss at larstennstedt.de" <oss at larstennstedt.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am searching for an audio cd ripper for my Arch Linux box and have
> some questions about that.

Well, I can recommend rubyripper. It worked well last time I tried it
(a few months ago) and afaik it's the best application we have on
linux for secure ripping.

> 1.) K3B fails to encode to mp3 (lame) on my computer maybe because of
> being an alpha version. Encoding to ogg works fine. Can anyone
> confirm this behaviour? 2.) If I use soundKonverter (KDE 3 version)
> from the repos, nothing happend by starting the progress by clicking
> the button. Did I forget anything to configure?
>

> Thank you for your help.
>

> Greetings
> Lars Tennstedt

Can't help with that part, haven't used either in quite some time but
afair soundkonverter used to work quite well. If you do rip and convert
later make sure to rip to wav, don't convert from vorbis to mp3.

Philipp