[arch-general] split packages documentation

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:07:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Damjan Georgievski<gdamjan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been looking for documentation about split packages in the usual
> places (man PKGBUILD, the wiki) but couldn't find any.. am I missing
> something or this is a feature-not-implemented?

do we have the same PKGBUILD man page ? :)

man PKGBUILD
/split

PACKAGE SPLITTING
       makepkg supports building multiple packages from a single PKGBUILD.
       This is achieved by assigning an array of package names to the pkgname
       directive. Each split package uses a corresponding packaging function
       with name package_foo(), where foo is the name of the split package.

       All options and directives for the split packages default to the global
       values given within the PKGBUILD. However, some of these can be
       overridden within each split package’s packaging function. The
       following variables can be overridden: pkgdesc, license, groups,
       depends, optdepends, provides, conflicts, replaces, backup, options and
       install.

       An optional global directive is available when building a split
       package:

       pkgbase
           The name used to refer to the group of packages in the output of
           makepkg and in the naming of source-only tarballs. If not
           specified, the first element in the pkgname array is used.