[arch-general] btrfs supported on archlinux

Alexander Duscheleit jinks at huntemann.uni-oldenburg.de
Tue Sep 8 02:20:42 EDT 2009

Am Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:21:31 +0530
schrieb Shridhar Daithankar <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net>:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 08:58:21 Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > I'm just interested in when will btrfs filesystem be supported in
> > archlinux in the official repository and on livecd ?
> > It's available now from AUR some related packages, the stable
> > releases can be seen here:
> > http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Stable_releases
>
> Isn't this already supported?
>
> $ zgrep -i btrfs /proc/config.gz
> CONFIG_BTRFS_FS=m
> CONFIG_BTRFS_FS_POSIX_ACL=y

I guess he was asking about btrfs-progs being in core/extra and on the
installation media.

I think having the option to mount an existing btrfs is enough for now.
You shouldn't [want to] create one from the installation media at this
time, since it's not sane to install anything on it unless you are a
btrfs developer/tester (in which case you are also capable enough to
work around this ;)).