[arch-general] DE

Daniel J Griffiths ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Thu Sep 10 16:06:34 EDT 2009

Sergi Pasoev wrote:
> Does anyone have installed LXDE on Arch Linux?

Done test builds with both, my wife is currently using a slightly
modified version of XFCE, LXDE is prettier out of the box but harder to
configure. XFCE isn't pretty at all out of the box, but is much easier
to configure, has more options, and can be made pretty enough relatively
easily. If you want a floating window manager, I still recommend Openbox.

Welcome to Arch, and the forums generally get more replies to questions
(and many questions are already answered there).