[arch-general] Status of bluetooth in Arch, specially bluez package

Ricardo Hernandez ricardoh26 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 17:49:42 EDT 2009

2009/9/12 Ricardo Hernandez <ricardoh26 at gmail.com>

> Hi, i write to know the status of bluetooth packages in Arch, i mean bluez
> mostly. In extra repository
>
> --
> Ricardo Hernández ( richerVE )
> richerve at archlinux.com.ve

Sorry i hit tab and send the message before i finish. The situation is that
bluez in Arch is version 4.39 and upstream version is 4.53, is a lot of
difference, taking into account that it fixes a bunch of errors.

I have a personal repo and updated bluez to newest version ASAP. I don't
know what happened to Geoffroy, maybe is busy but bluez needs some
attention, and PKGBUILD doesn't change a lot.

I'm also in contact with new maintainer of kbluetooth ( that's the official
name that he commits now ), is also an Arch user and keep tracking all
changes in svn. Package kbluetooth4-svn now builds in last revision, i
upload and updated PKGBUILD with the revision that builds successfully.

--
Ricardo Hernández ( richerVE )
richerve at archlinux.com.ve