[arch-general] ArcLlinux 2009.02 installation issues

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:23:00 EDT 2009

    Hello all!

    During my installation trials for ArchLinux 2009.02, I've stumbled
upon some issues that I describe below.

    First one (the most minor and insignificant one), is that when you
login as root in the installation system, it says as MOTD that you
should read the documentation found in /arch/<some-file-name>, when in
fact the file is in /arch/docs/<some-file-name>. Anyway.

   The second problem is a little bit more tricky... I want to install
ArchLinux under a domU Xen virtual machine. So the only method
(without using HVM) is to boot from the USB disk image, and try to
perform the installation over serial the console. The problem is that
by default ArchLinux does not include ttyS0 in inittab or in
securetty, so I have to manually mount the disk as loopback, end edit
the files appropriately...
    Thus my feature request is: could you include in the default
install images also the ttyS0 and ttyS1 as usable terminals?

    Thanks,
    Ciprian.