[arch-general] archlinux on old hardware

Nicolas Bigaouette nbigaouette at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:10:15 EDT 2009

I'm using Arch on a old Sony Vaio: pentium II 200MHz with ~64MB of ram. It
is running LXDE. It is slow to boot, but I suspend without problems (its up
since a couple of month with suspend+resume each morning).
It is running slow, but this machine is now my alarm clock, and it works
perfectly streaming mp3 over wireless internet.

I think I have opera on it, but don't ask too much for web surfing...

Else, Arch is great! ;)