[arch-general] archlinux.org/~thomas/autowifi = 404

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 20 07:52:02 EDT 2009

Rogutės Sparnuotos schrieb:
> And, after writing the initial question, I've read the man page for wpa_cli:
>
>   wpa_cli -iwlan0 -a/path/to/wpa_action_script.sh
>
> seems to be able to fully replace autowifi, except for logging to
> syslog. Need to test this more, though.

It doesn't when your AP is broken. I had the following problem: My old
AP sometimes would drop the connection, and immediately re-establish it.
This lead to the problem that action_script was called twice within less
than a second (which in the end got me stupid race conditions).

autowifi is more advanced than wpa_cli: If you get disconnected from the
AP, it assumes that you are still connected for a small timeout (default
20 seconds iirc) and only then calls the disconnect event. If you
reconnect to the same AP within this timeout, nothing happens. I have
had way less trouble with this setup than with wpa_cli. BTW, this trick
has been stolen from ifplugd, which also has a timeout before calling
the disconnect event.