[arch-general] lots of stale mirrors?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:06:44 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Ray Kohler <ataraxia937 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following the community-deleting accident, a bunch of mirrors that are
> usually up to date have only synced once, and are now 30+ hours out of
> date. A bunch of other mirrors still haven't synced at all since
> community was repaired, and are now 3+ days stale. Is there something
> else going on now? What's up with Arch's mirror network?

We're a bit leaf-heavy. Currently we have the max number of rsync
connections to our main host, and we don't have a tiered mirroring
system in place (yet), so we are struggling a bit.

We're working on it, and hopefully things will get a lot better in the
next few months, with both tiering and a lot more care taken when we
are playing with the served packages. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dan