[arch-general] vim 7.2.245-1

Jozsef jozefk at gmx.com
Mon Sep 21 23:10:10 EDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Tobias Kieslich wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> >
> > Hrrm, I don't know if we should be using the 'after' dir for default
> > plugins installed by pacman. It seem like these actually belong in
> > /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/plugin/. The after directory has a special
> > purpose, and none of the plugins I can think of seem to fit that
> > purpose. At least, it doesn't seem valid to use the after dir as a
> > general rule.
> That might actually be the case, that we put them into plugin instead of
> after. And AFAIR that works out of the box as well.
>
> 	-T

I never used runtimepath before and everything worked fine.

And I don't have a "after" directory in /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ at the moment. Is it something I should create by myself?

At least I'm happy my vim is working the same as before. Hope there will be always some kind of workaround for this issue. Or at least some tutorial/manual how to fix things once and for always.

--
Best,
Jozsef Kurucity  |  Web & Graphic Designer
+971 50 6783113  |  jozefk at gmx.com